HELLO FAB 5 FAMILIES! I hope you had a wonderful spring break. Here is your April Newsletter...Can you believe it is April already? (Remember...any reference to "today" is referring to Thurs. April 1st) Remember to email me and let me know you received the newsletter! If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call me 238-8145! Thanks again!LaChere FYI: I copied and pasted the newsletter and sent an attachment. Let me know if yours did not come through.
Remember:Tuition is due today to receive the Early Bird Rate.
If you pay the first class of the month you will receive the Early Bird rate. If you pay after the first week of the month, please add an additional $5 to your tuition. Reminder-Make checks payable to LaChere Vawdrey, not the Gateway Foundation.
1. Thurs March 4th Details meeting- Pick up your pictures
2. April 9th-10th Idaho State Championships-Stephens Performing Arts Center
3. Thurs. April 15th-Last day for Rec students to submit money to do Nationals-must qualify
4. Thurs. April 15th-Last day for Comp Students to make changes/additions to their Nationals registration
5. Mon. May 10th- recital @ Century HS-6 pm dancers meet @ 5:15 pm-Sign up for Summer Solo Camps
6. Thurs. May 13th Parent meeting and awards for all students to be held @ the beginning of class
7. Thurs. May 13th Recreation and competition class surveys due (to be handed out at the recital)
8. Thurs. May 13th-Awards night in class-Sign up for Summer Solo Camps
9. May 21st-22nd –Nationals at Lagoon-
10. Thurs. May 27th -End of the Season Party-Sign up for Summer Solo Camps
Competition Solo Summer Camps-2 Sessions required…if you do all 3 sessions and pay for them the 1st day of session 1, you will receive a free solo DVD to practice with. J (For competition students only).
11. June 21st-23rd -Session 1
12. Tues. July 13th, Thurs. July 15th , Fri. July 16th -Session 2
13. Aug. 9th-Aug. 11th -Session 3
IMPORTANT: Please Read- The dates on the calendar are very important. All dancers (except Rec classes, boys and tots) are expected to attend. Please plan accordingly. Please keep both Fri. and Sat. of competition dates available.
THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT! WE APPRECIATE YOU!
Thanksgiving Point! -Congratulations! You all did a great job at the Thanksgiving Point Competition! The competition was a great success. Keep up the good work. Thanks to all team moms for your help. We would have never survived without you! We have the best most supportive dancers & parents! Thank you!! We appreciate your dedication & hard work! LaChere’s Fab 5 Studio took home 9 team 1st places, 2 team 2nd places, 7 team over-all high scoring trophies, 4 over-all studio trophies, and 3 individual event over-alls!!! Absolutely amazing! GREAT JOB!!!!
TROPHY FOR THE WEEK-Those kids who have trophies at home, be sure to bring them back so that everyone can have the opportunity to take one home for the week. Thanks so much!
Friendly Fab 5 Reminder: If your dancer has siblings who are waiting for dance or waiting for his/her sibling to finish dance we ask that he/she wait in the hallway so the dancers and teachers can focus on their lesson. Thanks so much for your support in this. :)LaChere, Jackie, and Alicia
WE NEED YOUR HELP!-We need all kids waiting for dance to bring a game, book or something they can do quietly. We want to keep everyone safe. We also want to make sure the classes being taught are interruption free. Thanks for your support!
The Gateway Foundation Reminders
1. No Food or Drink in the studios. You may eat in the foyer/entrance. Remember to clean up after yourselves.
2. No running around in the hallways and dance studios.
3. The hallways aren’t heated. On these brutally cold days, keep the studio room doors shut so they will stay warm.
4. Please remember to take your stuff home with you and throw away any garbage that you may see.
5. Try to stay away from the mirrors.
6. Don’t play on the gymnastic mats.
EMAILS!-PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE RECEIVING THE EMAILS. Some people are getting them one week and surprisingly the next week they don’t. We want to make sure everyone is receiving the emails. Therefore we are asking everyone to send us a confirmation email after receiving the info. Also, check your junk mail. Some people have found their newsletters there.
Thurs April 1st Details Meeting-
Please plan to attend. This helps us answer questions and relay important information. Thanks so much!
Details Meeting Schedule
Super Stars (Party USA) 5:00-5:15
Jackie’s 4;30 Rec Class 5:15-5:25
Stompers (Boom Boom) 5:35-5:45
Jackie’s Boys & Alicia’s Tots 5:45-5:55
Mighty Mites (Tonight) 5:45-5:55
Hot Stuff (20’s) 6:20-6:30
Alicia’s Intensity/ Rec Class 6:35-6:45
Jackie’s 6:00 Rec Class 6:35-6:45
Allstars and Powerhouse 7:05-7:15
Elite, UDF 8:20-8:30
If you have more than one child or your child is in more than one class, pick a time that would be best for you to attend
PICTURE PICK UP:
Pictures are here! If you ordered pictures, you can come and pick them up during your details meeting.
ATTENTION RECREATIONAL STUDENTS: If you would like to compete at Nationals, held at Lagoon, please let your teacher know you would like to compete, then email LaChere, or let Stephanie Munns know in your Details Meeting so we can get you the registration information. (Only those who have qualified at the Idaho State Championships may compete) The fees for this competition are $15/event. Lagoon also offers discounted ride & spectator passes for this competition. If you are not planning to ride the rides but want to come watch, there is an admission fee/person and a parking fee/ vehicle.
HEAD BANDS: Some of you have asked about the cute headbands that Mallori and I have to match our team shirts. I got them from Emily Wright, one of our team moms. She has offered to make them for a special price of $10.00 each for anyone who would like one. You can visit her website at www.girlyaccents.com to see more of what she makes. She can create headbands to match any outfit! You can talk to her at the studio on Thursday nights from 4:30- 5:15 or call her at 238-8186.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!Practice-Practice-Practice
1. Please encourage your child to practice every day.
2. Many families video tape their child’s class. This is a great practicing tool.
1. Please be prompt to dance. We have a lot to accomplish and need you in class, on time.
2. If you have to miss class, please notify your teacher and do one of the following:
Ø Get with a fellow class mate & learn what you missed before the next class.
Ø Schedule a private lesson.
Ø Video tape what you missed & practice
Updated Schedule For Idaho State Championships:
Fri. April 9th
Ø Beg. 3:00 pm
Ø Nov.3:30 pm
Ø Int. 6:30 pm
Sat. April 10th
Ø Adv. Individuals 1:30 pm
Ø Adv Teams 3:00 pm
Ø Pro Individuals 4:00 pm
Ø Idaho State Dance Off 5:00 pm
Ø Pro Teams 5:30 pm
Ø Champ Teams 6:30 pm
Ø Champ Individuals 7:30 pm
*Remember, you will need to arrive 1 hour early dressed and ready to go to practice. Look for a more detailed schedule next week.
IDAHO STATE CHAMPIONSHIP RULES TO REMEMBER:
*NO FOOD OR DRINK ALLOWED IN THE PERFORMING ARTS CENTER
*NO TAP SHOES UNTIL YOU GET ON STAGE
* DO NOT GO INTO STAFF AND DIRECTOR’S ROOMS
Team Moms-This is when I need you the most! Thanks for all that you do! Could you:
1. Gather your team
2. Practice your team
3. Get your team number from Stephanie Munns
4. Put team number on a dancer
5. Line dancers up
6. Do not let dancers go on stage unless their teacher is at the sound booth
7. Help your students find their parents after they are done dancing
8. Wear your Fab 5 t-shirt or team colors J
9. Help us remind kids not to eat in the Performing Arts Center
10.Help us remind kids not to put their tap shoes on until right before they dance
Thanks you so much for all of your help!
DANCERS:PICK UP YOUR AWARDS –After you compete in individual events, get your award by checking out the posted results. Your name, number, & placing will be listed. Go to the awards table. They will give you your medallion, ribbons for freestyle, short duets, and acapella and stars for solos. Duet & Team results will be posted and ribbons will be distributed in class the following Thurs.
· Hair in curly pony tail w/ plain black ribbon
· Wear plain black leotard underneath to facilitate
· Costume changes, & keep bellies covered
· Stage make-up
· No jewelry on team dances
· Please don’t eat in your costume. Spot clean shirts. Hand wash, line dry pants. Try dress shields in armpit area for protection
· Wear black socks
· Polish tap shoe
RECITAL MONDAY ,MAY 10th @ 6:00 pm (dancers meet at 5:15 pm):
Remember this event is admission free. Please invite your family, friends, teachers and neighbors to come to the show!
1. We’ve been informed that Adv. & Champ. events will be held on both Fri. & Sat. this year. Please plan accordingly.
2. Please check the registration clipboard today and make sure you are registered correctly for all of your events. If there is a mistake, fill out the clipboard next to it with the correction.
3. If you have had or will have a birthday between the Idaho State Competition and Nationals (meaning your age has changed for registration purposes) please make the correction on the “correction clipboard”.
4. Your registration has been submitted for Nationals. All additions/changes need to be submitted by Thurs. April 15th Please look over the registration roster and make sure your registration is correct. If you want to add an event, fill out the clipboard and make your payment today.
5. Please list on the clipboard, how many spectator passes you will need.
*ALL COMPETITION STUDENTS: PLEASE CHECK YOUR INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION ON THE CLIPBOARD. MAKE SURE IT IS CORRECT. IF IT IS NOT CORRECT, FIX IT ON THE CLIPBOARD NEXT TO IT.
HAMPTON INN INFO FOR NATIONALS: LaChere’s Fab 5 Studio has blocked out 25 rooms for Nationals at the Layton Hampton Inn located at 1700 N. Woodland Park Drive, Layton, Utah 84041. 801-775-8800 @ $89/night. Make sure to ask for the block of rooms under our studio name to get the discount. They are being held on a first come first serve basis. Our block of rooms will be released to the public on May 1st
Nationals Tentative Schedule
Fri.May 15th PRO Fri.May 15th Champ Fri. May 15th Adv12:30 pm Duets 12:00 pm Duets 3:00 pm Duet2:00 pm A Cappella 1:00 pm A Cappella 3:45 pm ACppella3:00 pm Freestyle/Solos 1:30 pm Freestyle/Solos 4:30 pm Free/Solo 6:00p (estimate) ALL-AMERICAN DANCE-OFF GRAND CHAMPIONSHIPS- SATURDAY MAY 16th -
NOVICE BEGINNING INTERMEDIATE8:30 am Duets & Solos 10:00 a Free,Solos 8:30 am Small Team12:00 pm TEAM Small 2:00 pm TEAM Small 9:00 am TEAM2:00 pm TEAM 3:00 pm TEAM 12:30 pm Duets/Solos
ADVANCED CHAMP TEAM PRO TEAM1:30 pm TEAM Small 8:30 am TEAM 8:30 am TEAM2:00 pm TEAM8:00 pm AWARDS SHOW-If you receive a 1st place…you need to attend!HOW THE PASSES WORK…You will receive discount spectator passes from us. Turn in your passes with your payment at the front gates of Lagoon for the discounted prices listed below.
Updated prices coming shortly for 2010! Prices listed below are for 2009 to help you plan accordingly.
Option #1 All Day Ride Tickets-If you are riding the rides- Competitor…$28.95 + tax Spectator....$28.95 + tax (reg. $42.90)
Option #2 Admissions-If you don’t plan to ride ridesCompetitor...Free w/pass Spectator ....$10.00 /day (reg. $32.60)No admission charge on Friday. Rides not open Fri. Parking..........................$3.00 with pass
.Thanks again for all of your support! If you have any questions email us or call us at 238-8145!