Remember:Tuition is due today to receive the Early Bird Rate.
If you pay the first class of the month you will receive the Early Bird rate. If you pay after the first week of the month, please add an additional $5 to your tuition. Reminder-Make checks payable to LaChere Vawdrey, not the Gateway Foundation.
AWESOME!!!! The Christmas Show at the mall was fabulous! Each group looked great!!!! Thanks to all the team moms, teachers and parents for your hard work and support! You are the BEST!!!!! Fab 5 ROCKS!!!
We hope you had a great Christmas & a Happy New Year. The Christmas party was so fun! Thanks to everyone for the yummy snacks. 2010 looks to be a great dance year. We are excited for the upcoming events. Please put all dance dates on your calendar.
1. Thurs Jan. 7th Details meeting- See schedule below
2. Fri. Jan. 22nd-Sat. Jan 23rd Extra Practice
3. Thurs. Jan 28th Costume Buy & Sell for freestyle, solos & duets (or whatever you need to use them for)
4. Fri. Feb. 19th-Sat. Feb. 20th Extra Practice
5. March 5th-6th Thanksgiving Point Competition
(if you are involved in music festival at ISU you might want to see if your music teacher can schedule you to do the “make-up” festival so you won’t have to miss anything-that is what our family is doing.)
6. March 25th No Classes-Spring Break
7. April 9th-10th Idaho State Championships-Stephens Performing Arts Center
8. Mon. May 10th- recital @ Century HS
9. May 21st-22nd –Nationals at Lagoon
IMPORTANT: Please Read
1. The dates on the calendar are very important. All dancers (except Rec classes, boys and tots) are expected to attend. Please plan accordingly. Please keep both Fri. and Sat. of competition dates available. As soon as I get a tentative schedule, I will pass the information along.
2. The extra practices help us polish up for competition. Please make it a priority to come to the scheduled extra classes! THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT! WE APPRECIATE YOU!
The Gateway Foundation Reminders
1. No Food or Drink in the studios. You may eat in the foyer/entrance. Remember to clean up after yourselves.
2. No running around in the hallways and dance studios.
3. The hallways aren’t heated. On these brutally cold days, keep the studio room doors shut so they will stay warm.
4. Please remember to take your stuff home with you and throw away any garbage that you may see.
Thurs Jan. 7th Details Meeting-
Please plan to attend. This helps us answer questions and relay important information. Thanks so much!
Details Meeting Schedule
Super Stars (Party USA) 4:20-4:30
Mighty Mites (Tonight) 4:50-5:00
Jackie’s 4;30 Rec Class 5:15-5:25
Stompers (Boom Boom) 5:35-5:45
Jackie’s Boys & Alicia’s Tots 5:45-5:55
Hot Stuff (20’s) 6:20-6:30
Alicia’s Intensity/ Rec Class 6:35-6:45
Jackie’s 6:00 Rec Class 6:35-6:45
Allstars and Powerhouse 7:05-7:15
Elite, UDF 8:20-8:30
If you have more than one child or your child is in more than one class, pick a time that would be best for you to attend. We will be taking roll of families that attend the details meeting so we can keep track of who is getting the info. If you are a part of a car pool, please let us know you have received the information.
EXTRA PRACTICE SCHEDULES
PLEASE PLAN TO ATTEND!!!!!!
Fri. Jan 22nd LaChere Extra Practice Schedule
4:00-4:45 Mighty Mites-Tonight (Thurs. 4:00)
4:45-5:30Super Stars-Party in USA Thurs.4:30)
Sat. Jan 23rd LaChere’s Extra Practice Schedule 8:00-9:00 Robot
9:00-9:30 Elite Oh Susannah Review
9:30-10:30 UDF Stomp-Tap Dogs
10:30-11:30 Hot Stuff -Hot Honey Rag-20’s
11:30-12:30 Stompers-Boom Boom Pow
Sat. Jan 23rd Jackie’s Extra Practice Schedule
10:30-11:15 Int Intensity (New Thurs. 7:00-7:30 class)
11:15-12:00 Beg Rec classes
(Combining 4:30 & 6:00 Rec classes)
Sat. Jan 23rd Alicia’s Extra Practice Schedule
10:30-11:15 Tots and Boys Class
11:15-12:00 Beg. Intensity (Thurs. 6:00-6:45 class)
Thurs. Jan 28th COSTUME BUY AND SELL
Sellers-Bring gently used costumes/shoes to sell with your name & price attached to the item to the studio by 5:00 pm. More details will be coming soon.
Buyers-Do your solo/freestyle and/or short duet costume shopping here first. You will find spectacular costumes at a great price!
Rough General Schedule for Thanksgiving Point
Fri. March 5th :All Pro and most Champ
Sat. March 6th Some Champ, Nov,& Beg in the morning
Sat. March 6th Some Beg, Int. & Adv. in the afternoon/evening
All dancers involved in the Championship categories (Allstars, Hot Stuff, Tap Dogs, Etc….) will need to be to this competition both Friday and Saturday. Please plan accordingly.
HOTEL INFO FOR TP COMPETITION
Best Western Timpanogos Inn Lehi, UT
Rooms for $69/night
I15 Exit 279-195 South 850 East, Lehi, UT 84043
Hampton Inn Lehi, Ut
Rooms for $79/night
3576 North Maple Loop, Lehi –(801) 766-1186
HOTEL CLIPBOARD:Please sign the clipboard and let us know which hotel you will be reserving or if you will be making other arrangements. We want to make sure we have held enough rooms.
1. Please encourage your child to practice every day.
2. Many families video tape their child’s class. This is a great practicing tool.
1. Please be prompt to dance. We have a lot to accomplish and need you in class, on time.
2. If you have to miss class, please notify your teacher and do one of the following:
Ø Get with a fellow class mate & learn what you missed before the next class.
Ø Schedule a private lesson.
Ø Video tape what you missed & practice
Freestyle and Solos
· All Beg, Int, Adv, and Champ class members will be asked to do solos and freestyle (and/or Short Duet, Acapella) at all three competitions.
· Your teacher will be helping you work on your freestyle in class. Practice hard and good luck!
Freestyle and Solo Costumes
· Do not wear your team costume for freestyle or solos. You may wear your pants, but pick a different shirt to wear (Check out the Buy and Sell on Thurs. Jan 28th ).
1.40 counts of step work (five-8 count steps)
2.Smile and showmanship
4.Stay on beat
5.High legs and power
Short Duet Costume
· The costuming rule has changed. You now may wear a costume and match, but it isn’t required. Please do not use team costumes for this event. Again, you may wear your pants, but please pick a different shirt to wear (same as above (Check out the Buy and Sell on Thurs. Jan 28th ).
Short Duet Requirements
1.48 counts of step work
2.Dance with your partner
3.Couple work is optional
5.High legs and power
6.Stay together as a couple
7.Stay on Beat
8.Smile and have fun
If you are interested in one of the following events, please talk to me about the requirements: Acapella, Acapella Duets, Duets
CHAMP SOLO REVIEW
If you do not know your solos, come to the review class taught by Alicia at 7:00. Step Review at 7:15 will start to become freestyle time.
PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE RECEIVING THE EMAILS. Some people are getting them and the next week they don’t. We want to make sure everyone is receiving the emails. Therefore we asked everyone to send us a confirmation email after receiving the info.
LaChere’s Fab 5 Studio is going green! We have several ways for you to access LaChere’s Fab 5 Studio information! Newsletters and any important information will be available in several different ways:
We have a Facebook page! If you are on Facebook and are not already a member of the LFFS page, enter LaChere’s Fab 5 Studio in the search box and request to be a member. Feel free to ask questions and post photos. Thanks to those who have already done so! It is great!
E-mail: LaChere has your e-mail address if you listed it on your form at registration. If you have not received an e-mail confirmation, please write down your e-mail address and give it to LaChere.
Our Blog is lacheresfab5.blogspot.com The newsletter can be accessed from this site.
Text! Texting is a quick way to distribute important information, especially during competitions when we are all spread out over the place! If you did not list your cell # and would like to receive text, give your # to LaChere.
Jackets are in. Please pick up your jacket in class. J
Thanks again for your support! If you have any questions, please give us a call. Randy and LaChere (238-8145)